The Dnipropetrovsk Regional Council summed up the second stage of the regional cultural project “Intangible Cultural Heritage of Dnipropetrovsk Region”. In an effort to find, preserve and promote the unique elements of the culture of our region, representatives of the territorial communities of the region, public and private sectors came together.
The main goal of the project was achieved – they discovered new ICH elements, which may in the future represent Dnipropetrovsk region, along with Petrykivka painting and Cossack’s songs.
But for this we still need to work – to implement measures to study, preserve, protect and promote the elements.
The 10 best elements of the project include:
– Author’s collection of Ukrainian ethnic festive women’s clothing of the XVIII-XIX centuries from Valentina Belik “Stepova Tonkopryakha” (Mykolayivka village, Mykolayiv village council, Synelnykivskii district)
– “Bindings, poems, humoresques” (Pereshchepyne, Pereshchepynska community)
– “Mykolaivka painting” (the village of Mykolaivka, Gubinsky settlement council)
– Bugaivska shpundra (village of Oleksandrivka, Pokrovska village council)
– Kozhukh (tradition) (Preobrazhenska village, Mezhivska village council)
– Loaf (Preobrazhenska village, Mezhivska village council)
– Styranka or wheat (Preobrazhenska village, Mezhivska village council)
– Household songs of Sich winterers in Shulhivka (Shulhivka village, Petrykivka village council)
– Traditional dish “Tsarychanski tovchenyky” (Tsarychanski dumplings) (Turove village, Tsarychanska village council)
– Baking a wedding miracle (Tomakivska village, Tomakivska village council).
Each of the elements during the expert tours of Dnipropetrovsk region was investigated by a competent jury, which included representatives of the Department of Humanitarian, Socio-Cultural Sphere and Education of the Executive Office of the Regional Council, ME “Predstavnutstvo Prydniprovia” , musicologists and culturologists.
The next step is the solemn awarding of the winners of the Project with the presentation of the best elements of the ICH of Dnipropetrovsk region.